Love of my Life

Love of my Life

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Poor Darling…

I supposed to be updating this blog with my Hong Kong trip experience and photos but…

I posted the last blog entry on our close encounter with H1N1. After that incident, my daughter continued to have diarrhea for one whole week. I didn’t think much of her diarrhea until my mum sounded the alarm that it didn’t seem right for her to poo 7 to 8 times a day for a week and her body temperature is quite warm all the time. So on Saturday we brought her to Gleneagles Medical Centre to see Dr. Y Y Yip. He diagnosed that Jaelyn is probably having stomach virus and not diarrhea due to teething as I have thought.

On Saturday night, I realised a bit of blood in her stool on her last poo. I thought I might be wrong so I cross my fingers and hope that she will be fine tomorrow. Sunday came, she poo-ed 6 times that day and each time with more and more blood stain. I was horrified! I searched fanatically for the emergency number to get Dr. Y Y Yip and only managed to get the number from Gleneagles Hospital out of my desperation (the Hospital keeps telling me that they are not the right place to call to look for Doctor at the medical centre). He said to bring Jaelyn back to him on Monday and he probably need to do a Bacteria Culture on her since she got blood in her stool.

It was a struggled to get past Sunday.

Monday morning, Jaelyn woke up looking fine. Didn’t poo a single time at all, not even when we reached the clinic. Since she didn’t poo, there’s no feces sample collected. The nurse has to do a swap through her anus to collect some sampling for testing. You can imagine how hard she cried. My poor darling….

We are expecting the result to be out today. I’m praying hard that there is no sign of bacteria infection. If not, she has to see the doctor again to get medication. (She was not given antibiotics immediately as Dr. Yip said it might worsen the diarrhea so we just wait for the result first)

My mum and my sis been saying Jaelyn suffered so much after the Hong Kong trip. It was supposed to be a treat and it ended up a torture for her. Sigh…

(P/S: The emergency number to get Dr. Y Y Yip after clinic hours is 6535-8833)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails