Love of my Life

Love of my Life

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Chinese New Year Experience

Hmm… This is Jaelyn’s 2nd Chinese New Year (she arrived 2 days before CNY last year) and I must say that she  didn’t quite enjoy Chinese New Year at all…

Jaelyn doesn’t like unfamiliar faces. So this Chinese New Year is a huge challenge to her and I really didn’t notice until today…

Her first challenge was the reunion lunch at Vincent’s aunt place. She seldom sees her paternal grandparents, her only aunt stayed in China and this is like her first time meeting her grand-aunties and uncles. She was totally freak out! She cling on to me like super glue and scream and yell when people touch her or attempt to carry her. I thought that was because she didn’t have her afternoon nap… But she was ok when we went to my parents’ place for dinner. Its familiar faces and familiar environment for her.

She didn’t sleep until 12.30am on that night. This is probably the first countdown in her life. Yah… we all slept through the new year when we crossed over to 2009.

First Day of Chinese New Year, we went to Vincent’s parents’ place for our first stop… She was gloomy all the way. She wasn’t really excited about her “Ang bao”… As usual, nobody can touch her except Vincent and me. Then we went to a relative place and she is somewhat reaching her limit so we decided to end off at my mum place. She totally went berserk at the final stop. Cried non-stop for half an hour before she finally fell asleep at 6pm. She doesn’t even want me towards the end. She was complaining to my mum how we tortured her with strangers who happened to be her relatives. My poor darling… I was quite heartbroken when I saw how tired she was. She didn’t even move a bit when we were watching the TV loudly when actually she is quite a light sleeper.

Tomorrow is another round of visitation of Vincent’s relatives. I wonder how is she going to take it. How I wish to end off all the visitation and just spent time with her. She is definitely not “I”. I can see that she disliked every bit of this Chinese New Year except for the Kueh Baru and love letters. (No choice, have to pacify her abit)

Reunion & 1st day of CNY 

Jaelyn didn’t smile…

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails