Love of my Life

Love of my Life

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Jaelyn ate my Highlighter

Blame it on the thunderstorm…

If you can recall, there was a sudden but long and bad enough thunderstorm last Saturday afternoon. With all the thunder and lightning and of course the rain, we decided to attend Sunday service at Expo instead of our usual Saturday.

So…. the initial plan of going service on Saturday evening was disrupted. Instead of playing at the nursery, Jaelyn has to stayed home. So she was making noise, catching our attention, wanting to be carried. So she was playing the fridge magnets and one of it happened to be a highlighter souvenir we bought from Korea during our honeymoon. Anyway, I let her alone for a while and went to the washroom. When I’m done, I was wondering how come Jaelyn is so quiet. Then when I found her at the kitchen, I got the shock of my life. I saw the tip of the blue highlighter on the floor… Her fingers and clothes all blue… And then I thought… How did she break the highlighter in this manner??? Then I quickly dig open her mouth and “Deng Deng Deng DENG!!! The horror of horror, her tongue all blue….” I was totally stunned. She bite the tip of the highlighter off… I quickly take a wet handkerchief wanted to clean off the stain on her tongue… totally clueless of what I should do with her… She was crying and crying and I was so so so upset with the whole incident. I went hysterical. I put her face down on my lap and smack her butt for misbehave but realized soon enough that she probably doesn’t know what has she done wrong and it really wasn’t her fault… Its mine! Why did I let her touch that highlighter!!!

So Vincent quickly throw away the highlighter (before I can take a pic). I felt so bad the whole day…

Thank God Jaelyn is fine…. nothing unusual about her… BUT she definitely did consume some “highlight” that day…

So… Human nature to push the blame and I guessed it’s really the thunderstorm that disrupted the “course of my Saturday”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails