Love of my Life

Love of my Life

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day of my life… 5 June 2010

Today marked the 14th day of my chicken pox!

Had a conversation with my mum this morning, confirmed that I’m no longer contagious as most of the lesion has scabbed over and many have fallen, leaving just brown spots waiting to be healed. The complete healing however, will take about a month.

Anyway, my mum urged me to quickly bring Jaelyn for the vaccine. I vaguely remembered she has taken the vaccine but was told by the nurse (ICAC) that it was not recorded in the Health Booklet. (We used to see Dr. Y. Y Yip at SBCC but now he has a new clinic at ICAC, both at Gleneagles) The nurse from SBCC is helpful to help me check Jaelyn’s medical record of all her vaccinations and confirmed that she has taken chicken pox vaccine together with MMR injection on 18 July 2009. However, that was recorded in her health booklet and I really cannot remember how many vaccinations she has taken and did she miss any. The nurse at ICAC said I can request for SBCC to give me a certificate to prove that Jaelyn has completed her necessary vaccination at their clinic, which is something that I would require when Jaelyn goes to Primary One. (Hmm… something new I learnt today)

I still don’t feel very comfortable so I decided to search through the receipts I have kept to verify the date that the nurse gave me. (to think that I kept this kind of receipt right?) And dang dang!!!

IMG_0501

She has taken the CHICKEN POX VACCINATION!!! I’m super excited! I’m fetching my princess home!!! I changed the bed sheet for two bedrooms, wipe all her toys & our furniture using Dettol, my hubby helped me to mop the floor with Dettol too! And I’m going to buy Dettol air spray to disinfect the “air” in our house! I’m all ready to welcome my girl back tomorrow!

And I’ve also planned to go for service today after all the chores! Since I can go out, I must go to City Harvest Church for our weekly service! This has been a very tremendous week for our church family. We are in the limelight (press) again, and this time the greatest hit ever. Today (Saturday) is the day in the week that the whole church family most looked forward to since the news broke out on Monday, 31 May 2010 right after Asia Conference 2010.

I’m extremely excited to be able to make it for the service!

Sheryl at chc

Really glad that we not only make it for service, but also for the pre-service prayer meeting. (Took a picture because we seldom get to attend service together when Jaelyn is around as someone needs to be with her at the playgroup) The service was great. There’s an atmosphere of love and unity and strong presence of the love of God. I’m proud to be part of the City Harvest family, so proud that our church members are all standing strong and tall! The video clip by Pastor Phil Pringles brought me to tears, his love for us and his believing in us meant so much in this tough time. Pastor Derek shared a short word but that is enough because we all know that the church members all came prepared to fight this fight of faith together, we are well taught and trained to pray & seek the Lord for encouragement, vision & revelation. I know the main purpose we showed up today is to show that we support the church and we love our Pastor! This church has taught us well that we do not build our faith on men but we build our altar on God. What will happen to City Harvest Church? Let me answer you, we will be stronger and we will emerge victoriously!

After service, we have a great time of fellowship with our cell group, eating fabulous food at a restaurant at Bedok! I’m sure going to bring my parents there soon!

Following, my hubby & me spent some quality time together, go dating! We went for a movie at Downtown East, watching Prince of Persia! It was a great movie with fantastic ending! Definitely worth watching with a great message of pureness of heart and importance of family. Oh… and I sinned a little having Magnum Gold ice-cream! Double wow wow!

And yes, I remembered to buy the Dettol air spray before the start of the movie. I have a great day today! It’s wonderful to be out and breathing after 14 days of home quarantine.

To end off, I just want to say, “ Love God, live life & love living!”

1 comment:

  1. I've not had chicken pox but I think it must be horrible to have to stay away from your loved ones and get all irritated and itchy at the same time. Get well soon!

    Just dropping by to say Hi.. keep writing!

    Cheers
    Bing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails